Dates Friday 11 and Saturday 12 March 2022
Head Steward Chris Piesse Mob: 0418 470 113
Stewards | I Cumming, W White, X White, B Robinson, P Cumming
Entry Fee | $5 members, $7 non-members
Entries Close | Tuesday, 8 March at 5pm ANY LATE ENTRIES RING CHRIS PIESSE
Entry Form | See centre pages of this schedule (cream form)
Prize Money | First $25, Second $10, Third $5
Judging Commences | Friday 8am
Entries | Fleeces to be in position by 4pm Thursday 10 March
Presentation | Saturday 2pm, Merino Judging Lawn
1. Competition Fleeces must be skirted to the standard recognised by Wool Selling Brokers.
2. All wool exhibits must be from the current season's clip.
3. Maximum Days Growth of Wool — 396 days.
4. The Judge has the right to transfer to its proper Class, any exhibit which has been wrongly entered.
5. No entry to compete in more than one class. Maximum of 4 entries per class.
Wagin Agricultural Society Inc thanks the individuals and companies who support the Wool competition at Make Smoking History Wagin Woolorama.
Prize Money in Wool Section | Country Wide Insurance Brokers, Tanks West
Grand Champion Merino Fleece – Perpetual Trophy | TJ Scanlon
Grand Champion Merino Fleece – Trophy | Country Wide Insurance Brokers
Most points in Wool Section won under competition |
Most points non-stud | Peter Rundle, MLA
Champion Ewe or Wether Pair of Fleeces, Open | Tally Tags
Champion Ewe or Wether Pair of Fleeces, Non-Stud | Tally Tags
Champion Ewe or Wether Fleece, Non-Stud | Wagin & Districts Stud Stock Breeders Assoc
Head Steward Awards for the Best Local Producer | Larina Piesse Barrister and Solicitor
Championship Cards and Ribbons will be awarded for:
Grand Champion Fleece
Champion Merino Strong Wool Fleece
Champion Merino Medium Wool Fleece
Champion Merino Fine Wool Fleece
Champion Merino Superfine Wool Fleece
Best Local Producer