Head Steward | Sheila McInnis Ph: 08 9861 1257
Entry Fee | FREE
Entry Form | Enter online or see center pages of this schedule (blue form)
Entries Close | Tuesday 8 March at 5pm. NO LATE ENTRIES
Prize Money | 1st $3; 2nd $2 – Donated by Lee Lane
Prize Money can be collected from the Woolorama Office 10am to 11.30am on Saturday.
Judging | Thursday 10 March at 11am
Exhibits | Entries must be in position before 11am Thursday
1. All exhibits must be the work of the Exhibitor.
2. Garments can be Wool or Synthetic.
3. Knitted garments with crochet finished edge are eligible.
4. Any article or garment is eligible even if laundered.
5. ALL WORK BY HAND.
6. All exhibits to be collected by 5pm Saturday.
KNITTING — Judges Guide
1. Whether casting on and off stitches done evenly in tension, and not too tightly.
2. Joining in of yarn, picking up of stitches around neck or armbands.
3. Evenness of fabric and tension — whether tension suited to yarn chosen, eg fine needles for fine yarn.
5. Suitability of yarn colour as regards pattern chosen, eg flecked or textured wool used in plan pattern.
6. Pressing, seaming and making up.
7. Whether sewn up in same yarn as garment — not machined or sewn-in cotton.
8. General finish, trimming and show appearance — may use crochet and/or silk edge.
9. All buttons must be sewn on in the same yarn.
10. Flat seams on all children's garments.
11. Fair Isle must be woven in at the back of work. (Hand knitting section only).